Monday, August 14, 2017

Church - from 06/05/2017

So Cathy and her son came to church. Cathy is the lady that broke her
finger because her dog. We stopped by one day and her son said he
checked out the Book of Mormon and that he thought it was cool. When
they came to church he was holding the Book of Mormon in his hand,
looking all excited. So cool!
One of the members we visit finally got on the role for not smoking.
She has tried again and again and again to go cold turkey and would
last only a day or two. Today she in on day 10 I think! So exciting.
Never give up!!
Then we, with another member couple we visit, talked about a program
we can do to help them overcome the urge they get.so they said they
wanted to do it and so the next day we began the program. In the
program you have to get all their Tabasco and have them give it to
you. So he gave us a huge bag of tobacco. It's really cool because the
day before we started the program he told us that his wife is
expecting a baby!!!!!! And that he is super motivated to quit now! So
exciting! So they have been clean for 2 days!:) soooo exciting! I love
it!
It is so exciting! Agh I love these Pennsylvanians.
On Wednesday we went to a funeral for a member that passed away. It's
crazy how you can come to love someone so quickly. It's weird because
we met this member at a Mcdonalds right after he got out of a nursing
home and he like bore his testimony to us. Then he bore his same
testimony that he shared with us at church a week or two later and
then that week he asked us to give him a blessing and I remember the
blessing was a spirit filled one. Then he passed away only 2 or so
weeks later. I am so grateful to have gotten the opportunity to meet
this man and hear his final 2 humble touching testimonies. His
testimonies that he shared was that his wife was very sick and was in
a lot of pain. He said a prayer and told God He could have her back
that he was ok with Him taking her back now. Then she passed away very
very shortly after he said that prayer. And that was his testimony.
That she is in a better place and that God has her now. That was only
6 months ago and now this member is with her in the spirit world.
I love this gospel. I love the Lord. Whenever I give my thanks for
Jesus Christ and his Atoning sacrifice I am always filled with Gods
love. I cannot help but be overcome with swelling emotions or joy when
I truly express my gratitude for the savior. Jesus is the Christ. He
is my redeemer. He has redeemed me from my mistakes. In the name of
Jesus Christ, amen.

This is Joseph. I love this buddy of mine! He always comes up to me
and grabs my arm, and looks at my watch.



No comments:

Post a Comment