Monday, August 14, 2017

Lead them to us - from 07/17/2017

This week was sweet.

We played some prosball, which is basically you find some basketball
courts somewhere and see if anyone is playing and you ask if you can
join them while you are all dressed up. Then they ask questions about
why your dressed up and etc. It also helps if your good so that they
"respect you." Haha. So we did that this week with some guys and they
thought that what we did was cool. We played horse and my companion
and I eliminated both of the other guys. Then it was a showdown
between elder Butikofer and I.... I won. So they play there a lot and
they are going to text us whenever they are playing so that cool.
I miss my family so much! I miss you! My wallpaper right now is of my
family. I miss them so much. I just feel like since I've been out here
I've been able to learn more about how important family is and I've
been able to look back and see why I was put with this wonderful
family. We just kind of mesh. I feel like if I was in a different
family I would just not feel right. I know families are ordained of
God.

We have picked up a couple investigators.
This Sunday we had 14 members of our unit at church. That's pretty
slim. So if elder Butikofer and I want to make this a ward we got to
get working even harder!

I have been studying about the Book of Mormon a lot this week. I've
been using preach my gospel. Preach my gospel is so sweet! I wish I
used it more at the beginning of my mission. It is so good!!!
Something I've learned this week is that the gospel itself resolves
any concerns or challenge that anyone is facing. In preach my gospel
it teaches us that and it gives a couple examples of how it answers
pretty much ANY question. I'll let you study it.

We went out one day and in our prayer before we went out I asked
Heavenly Father to lead people to us. In preach my gospel it says that
either He will lead us to the people or the people to us. So I asked
Him to fulfill that promise. We were out walking on the way home and a
lady randomly asks us if we were hot because it was super hot and
humid. So we laughed and talked to her and then we asked if we could
share something with her and we went and shared the Book of Mormon
with her. She liked it and took a copy! So that was way cool!
The work is true, it's that simple. The work is true.

I love this mission experience so much!!! It's the best, hardest thing ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment