Monday, August 21, 2017

Man! What a week! - from 8/21/2017


Man, what a week.

Just an FYI I got a gift card to subway from Greg and Lauren!!! More
food blessing! Thank you!

So this week was good. Elder Butikofer, as I mentioned last week, has
poison ivy again. So on Sunday last week I gave him a blessing. It was
short. One sentence even. I said, "I bless you that this will not
interfere with your ability to go out and work hard." So after that
elder Butikofer and I talked about what it meant to have faith and how
it means you need to work through the pain as if you didn't have it.
This week as we were out in the humid heat of PA, sweating and
working, elder Butikofer all of a sudden, out of nowhere says, "you
know what's weird? My poison is numb. God has blessed me with
endurance. When we are out here I don't even feel it." So that was
pretty cool. The power of the priesthood is real.

Tuesday was a difficult day. We made plans to work in this one town
about 10 miles away, and while we were there walking around in the
humid heat of PA (again), my ark started bleeding randomly and it got
all on my shirt so we had to go home and clean that off and stuff. So
all of our plans were ruined because we didn't have enough miles to
drive back to that town. So we made new plans to work in Eville...
nothing was working. People dropped us, and nobody was interested, and
it was miserably hot, we walked a mile down a wrong road before we
realized it, and everything was just going wrong. And with all this,
after a investigator made it clear she didn't want to meet with us, I
began to get so discouraged. I was just murmuring. Just like laman or
Lemuel would have. I just was saying, "I didn't come out here to knock
on doors for 2 years, I came here to teach.", "it doesn't work elder,
it doesn't happen, people don't change." "Sometimes I just want to
quit man." And so on and so on. I started to doubt why I was out here
and wonder if I was wasting my time and if I should be here. Started
to doubt my testimony even. Then we had a lesson with Danelle. Our
homie! And we had a typical "Danelle lesson." Where she just gets
super distracted a lot and we get off topic super fast and so on. But
after that lesson I felt so much better. But man did I learn about how
easy it is to get discouraged if you are being negative. So I repented
and will strive to be more positive.

Been a good hot and humid week here in PA.

We cooked three pounds of bacon this week! It was awesome!! Also tried
birch beer for the first time ever!!! Pretty good.
PA Dutch foods are so good by the way! Even just weird normal PA
dishes are good!
I'll send a list of things for yous to look up and make!

My favorite line in the bacon video....
"Oh booyyyy, OH JEEZ!!! It just squirted at me!!" Hahahahaha so funny

No comments:

Post a Comment