Monday, April 24, 2017

Glenn got baptized! - from 4/24/17

This week was probably the greatest week ever.
I love elder Walker. He is seriously so funny. He makes me laugh non stop!
I love lewisburg.
I love Pennsylvania.
I love this mission.
I love the Lord!

So Glenn was baptized on Thursday! The service went exactly as
planned. It was all perfect! Man what a beautiful day!

I was so nervous when I baptized him. I had to say a prayer with him
before we walked down to the font because I was so scared! Then we got
down to the font and I couldn't see anything. It was all black! So I
put my arm to the square and said his name..... and then I forgot what
was next for a couple of seconds! Haha! Then I remembered and then put
him down! It was a performed right the first try! Perfect! Then Glenn
and I changed and went back to the primary room. Glenn shared his
testimony and he gave thanks to us elders for being patient with him.
Haha I have no clue what he was talking about because he is the most
prepared person I've ever seen in my life!
Then on Sunday when I confirmed him I had to go up to bishop before I
did it and get what I had to say correct. They kind of smiled when I
asked because they knew this was my first time doing all this. When we
confirmed him I felt the spirit in abundance. It was awesome! So it
happened! Glenn got baptized!

Also awesome stuff happened. We found quite a few investigators this
week. We set 4 people with baptismal dates. So it's been just an
awesome awesome week.
We literally see miracles all the time. Every single day there is an
event when elder Walker and I just look at each other and just praise
the Lord. It is amazing to see His hand in our work. I've never
experienced so many miracles in my mission as much as I have in this
short amount of time I've been with elder Walker yet.
I can't explain!

I got sick this week so elder Walker has been making me take a bunch
of this vitamin stuff. Haha. He cracks me up.

Elder Walker and I are just trying to work hard to continue to
obligate the Lord for help.
All of these miracles make me think of a scripture I ran into a couple
times recently. It's the last verse in the last chapter of mark:
"And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with
them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen."

I have defiantly been seeing those signs and defiantly been able to
tell that the Lord is "before our face (D&C 84:88)" working with us!
This truly is the work of the Lord.

During church this week hymns really peirced me.
The second verse in "I stand all amazed" says:
"I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!"
I do not deserve all the blessings I have. I don't deserve anything.
But still He freely gave His life for me! Isn't it truly wonderful?
Agh, I love the Lord.

Jesus Christ is the King of Kings. He will always reign over all. He
is my Master, and I will serve Him the very best I can. I will strive
to do every single thing He asks me to do with a willing heart. He is
my Redeemer and Savior, He has freed me from my pains and sins,
something that nobody else could have done. He is my exemplar, He
leads me in this work and shows me what to do and what to say. He is
my elder brother, and I love Him... because He has always, and always
will, love me. In the name of the Good Shepard, Jesus Christ, amen.
I miss yinz.
Love yous.
Love Elder Segon
Filling the font.
District meeting.
Glenn's baptism.






No comments:

Post a Comment