Tuesday, May 30, 2017

I love PA - from 5/1/2017

Hey!
I love Pennsylvania. It gets more and more and more beautiful every
day. I can't believe how much I love it now. When I first got here I
never thought I would love it. But I love it so much. It is such a
beautiful land. I love Pennsylvania. I love the hills. I love all the
crops. I love the sunsets. I love all the old houses. I love it all.
The rolling hills and the sights that go for miles. Or the sight of
all the farmers fields in the sunsets. I never want to leave Pa!
This week was good! Not much to report!
We worked hard. Had fun and it was good!
Glenn is doing awesome! He will be getting the priesthood next week.
In our last lesson with him he gave me a card that says, "thanks for
saving my bacon," with the word saved underlined! Haha so funny.
Things are going well. We will be doing some finding the next little
while.
We also have been doing quite a bit of service.
Yesterday we had a neat experience. We had nothing really to do so we
decided to go finding. Elder Walker and I decided to pray to know
where to go. While elder Walker was praying I cleared my mind and
something kept coming into my head, "li....ice cream?- no....
li...ft?-I don't know." Then a I could slightly see a number appear in
my head, "639." So I wrote "639 lift?" On my notebook. Then I again
tried to clear my head and then I saw a map that started from our
house and then a road going away our house, then down another street
then into a street in the midst of a little community. So when elder
Walker finished the prayer I quickly turned on my apps map on my iPad
and followed where the map took me too when elder Walker was praying.
Go down this street, then down that one, and turn. I followed and I
looked at the street name and there was a "liberty st." So I told
elder Walker and we decided to go there. When we arrived to liberty
st, I looked to my house and I saw a house with the address with
"639." I thought that number was familiar so I opened up my notebook
to check the number and yup.... it matched. So elder Walker and I went
over there and we then realized it was vacant. So we had faith the
Lord brought us there for a reason so we knocked on the house next to
it, 637. A guy opened the door and I asked him how he was doing, he
looked both of us down and up and said, "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" I
proceeded to do our missionary thing and he yelled at us and shut the
door. I was so confused. I saw the map, I had the beginning of the
street name, and I had an address that was right there, and all three
of them went together! Why did I get that? I wondered if it could have
been a coincidence. We kept walking down liberty st and people kept
going inside as they saw us. We got to the end of the st and talked to
this one lady that was super nice. She said we could come by. Then we
knocked on a couple doors and then we talked to this Puerto Rican guy.
He said we could come back. So sometimes when we receive answers and
it doesn't go like you thought, just keep working, because you are
close. The Lord got you into the right area and He wants you to do the
work to find the reason why he sent you there. I defiantly came to the
conclusion that I could not have seen those things, and had those
letters of "li" come into my head, and having all three different
event ALL GO TOGETHER PERFECTLY. The letters "li". The map leading me
to where to go which was then a street by the name of "liberty".
Having the numbers 639 put into my head that is right there at the
head of liberty street, right where the map lead me. That was
definitely specific directions we received from on high.
Elder Walker and I have been trying so hard to be like perfectly
obedient to the t. It is super hard. And I am not even close to being
decent at it, but I believe that if we were not making those efforts
we would not have received that direction.
This truly is the Work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Nothing can stop this
work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies
may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth
boldy, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent,
visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear,
till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah
shall say, "the work is done." In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Hooray for Israel. Praise the King.
Miss yinz. Love yous.

Love Elder Segon









No comments:

Post a Comment