Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Elder Segon is going to STAY IN SOMERSET!!!

Well,
Transfer boards came out this week.... Elder Segon is going to...
STAY IN SOMERSET AGAIN! 




I will be staying in this branch, somerset, for 6 months, 1/4th of my mission! How crazy is that! I'm so glad I get to stay another. I love it here! I love these members. I truly feel like they are my family away from my family! I just can't describe how much love I have for all of them!

We had a lesson this week with someone and they get into politics a lot while we try to give our lessons. But they mentioned that they have a problem with something, I forget exactly what; however, I promised her that if she read the Book of Mormon she would know that it is true. And prior to that I mentioned how Satin uses any little tiny thing to use as a lie to trick us. Then elder draper testified of the power of the Book of Mormon and he also said how she has to read it. It was really cool because she talks talks talks talks all day. But when we began to testify and give promises she went silent. Absolutely silent. It was so powerful. And she said "ok, I will read it." And then went silent again. It was awesome.

This week I was super discouraged and mad and was having just a super hard time, but I looked in the Book of Mormon and I found the scripture---

Alma 26:27-   Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

This is talking about the sons of Mosiah in their missions.

I read this scripture and a light turned on. All that doubt and sadness was gone. This scripture applied so well to me and it literally changed my mental and emotional state instantly. I love the Book of Mormon and the insights that I receive on a daily basis!!

Because I test the word of God and I receive these experiences I have a testimony. And that testimony is that the Book of Mormon is true, it is true. I know that God loves me and His other children and desires for us to succeed and to obtain joy. I know that He has called prophets and apostles to lead us into the path that allows us to return to Him. This path gives me joy. And I know that God is aware of everything and he can see the big picture. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love Elder Segon 

Sorry I don't really have photos this week..

No comments:

Post a Comment