Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Good Week - from 5/8/2017

This week was cool.
Love my mommy. Happy early Mother's Day to my mommy and all the other
moms in my life!:) love you all!!
We went on exchanges with the zone leaders. We have a bit of Spanish
speaking investigators in our area and elder story, who speaks
Spanish, went and tried them all in one day. So I really didn't do any
of the talking. It was great. A lot of them were super cool and nice
and interested.
Elder story and I started driving away after talking to someone. As we
were driving off I saw someone working on their car and immediately I
knew they talked Spanish. So we got out after parking the car and went
to talk to him. I started talking to him and he looked so worried or
confused haha. I was talking in English. Then elder story started
talking in Spanish to him and he totally had a change in mood. Elder
story then taught him the restoration in Spanish.
So I can remember a little bit of Spanish from high school so I was
able to follow along with what he was saying.
So he started talking about the prophet Joseph smith, and even though
I didn't understand all of what was being said, I could feel the
spirit so strongly. It was so neat of an experience. And I noticed he
was feeling the spirit and I was hoping elder story would ask him how
he felt. And then I had Spanish come into my mind, "como siente." Now
I don't know if that is proper Spanish? But I was like what in the
world does that mean? And then I remembered it means how do you feel.
But then eventually I heard the investigator say "tranquilidad" after
elder story asked him a question so I knew he asked him! It was way
cool! We set up a return appointment!
After being with elder story all day and hearing Spanish all day,
whenever I was about to say something it was going to be Spanish,
something that I remembered from Spanish. It was weird to be in the
Spanish mindset. It was cool. I got the "foreign experience" of a
different language I always wanted;).
It's been good. I love this ward.
We had a special stake conference yesterday and elder oaks talked
about member missionary work and how the members are the ones that are
supposed to find. The missionaries are teachers not finders. I love
elder oaks.
You are missionaries!!! You are missionaries. You are disciples of
Jesus Christ and it is a commandment to share the gospel. So go and
do. Help the missionaries!! Do your work in finding.

Yea life is good as a missionary. It's hard but good!!
I just love the mission. It has been the greatest thing in my life.
This is truly a mission sent from heaven. This work is so much more
than me. It is so much more than talking to people. It is saving
souls. I love the Lord with all my heart. I love Him. He is my
everything. He is my Rock, my Strength, my Light, my Bread, and all. I
physically cannot say enough, nor repeat, nor use any specific type of
word, no matter how big or extravagant it is, to correctly or
completely explain my testimony, love, and awe for the Savior. I know
He knows me. I know He loves me. I know He died for me. And that while
He was suffering He found strength in seeing me being baptized as a
boy, repenting, going to the temple, going on a mission and whatever
else is in store for me. He knew that His sacrifice would enable me to
accomplish all those things, and so he willingly laid down His ice for
me. He loves me. I also know that this is not specific for me. He
knows and loves each and every single one of you. And that He suffered
for you too! He lives, He lives who once was dead, The King, Jesus
Christ. In His mighty name, even Jesus Christ, amen.

Been messing around all day on the piano. Here's a song I made a while
ago that I just put onto the piano.




No comments:

Post a Comment