Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Straight outta Pittsburgh!!!

Well everyone,

Transfer boards came.... And I am going to........ Stay here in
somerset:)! Elder cook is gonzo beans. He is being transferred to
beaver valley. My new comps name is elder Montgomery. He was just the
ZL for the Williamsport zone. Haha I've heard he is exactly obedient.
So I'm super excited! I have a feeling I'm going to learn so much from
him and that it's going to be an amazing transfer! Couldn't be more
excited. Half of our district is different now too! Indiana got
doubled out so I think this districts work is going to really pick up!
After three months of fasting and prayer, hard work, diligence, and
obedience the member missionary work is finally starting to pick up.
This week it blew up.

1. Sharon, a recent convert, talked about how she babysits for a lady.
The lady asked her questions about our church. We invited her to pray
to find a way to invite her to the fireside we had on Saturday. She
said "ok!" Like it was nothing. She invited her straight up
apparently. The lady wasn't able to make it but she is interested.

2.Sharon brought someone else to the fireside. He is a young guy.
Might be her Boyfriend I'm not sure but he is super shy. Sharon texted
us this morning and gave us his number and said that he wants to learn
more about our church after watching meet the Mormons at the fireside!
BOOM!

3. Then Sister D... gave us a referal. She had us over for dinner
and said, "I think I'm giving you a referal." Haha. She did. Talked
about how this woman just had a daughter pass away and she feels like
she needs to tell us to go meet this woman.

4. Then the B.. Family  (they used to live in fair oaks so they know
exactly where I'm from) invited us to do some service at a library
Sister B.. works at and they told us about their friends that were
going to be there as well. We met their friends and they were so nice
and funny! I love them and I think they liked us... Well... Haha they
loved us, let's be honest. So I have a feeling that we could meet with
them and give them lessons.

5. Linda B.. (an investigator) is now having her parents over to the
lessons whenever we have them.

All these things have happened in the passed week. It's amazing. It
goes to show that prayers are answered and that not all blessings come
immediately. I'm sure He was working on that answer the whole time and
it just took a little bit for hearts to be softened and to place those
people in the right places. It was in the process of happening the
whole time.

Other than that it's been normal missionary week full of the spirit.
President sent an email out with a quote from Gordon B Hinckley that
says "stop seeking out the storms, and enjoy more fully the sunlight."
I believe 100% that PJ was inspired to send that out for me. I had
been looking for things to get upset about and not focusing on the
things that were going well. When we look for the storms our live
become dark dark dark! But when we turn around to the sunlight we have
joy and light. And if you look for light, darkness will have not place
in you because "light always overcomes darkness."

I love my father. I know that fathers are there to show us a little
bit of what our Heavenly Father is like. I love you dad. I know that
the Book of Mormon is true, that prophets lived in the Americas and
Christ showed himself to those in the ancient Americas. We have
prophets and apostles today who hold the priesthood. In the name of
Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment