Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Almost Died!

To everyone,

This week was not a very exciting week.
On Monday we went to a few barbecues. At the Snyders Gideon shot a
turkey and we got to help by scaring the turkeys his way. Then we went
fishing.
















The day we almost died, Tuesday. We almost hit a coal truck. The truck
drivers here are really horrible. So we were driving on a highway and
a coal truck tried to cross the road right in front of us and we had to
swerve out of the way to dodge it. I'll send a video of me explaining
it better. We then had a lesson with the Allgoods and the Davis' were
there. Haha oh man... It was a horrible lesson because we were outside
and there were flies everywhere and I kept trying to hit them away and
everyone would just watch me and start laughing... I felt bad. I
wasn't trying to be funny I was just getting annoyed with the flies.
Haha. And other stuff happened that was funny.


Wednesday we had exchanges. Elder Curtis came to Somerset.  We visited
with Ol' Tom. When we first visited him, while we were leaving, I said
" read the Book of Mormon. It will bless your life." He sat there for
a second and said "ok! I will!" When we asked if he read it he said
no. He then said he can't read well because he is old. That made me
ask myself why did he say yes in the first place then? Well I found
the awnser. It's because he was feeling the spirit and in that moment
when the spirit was with him he knew he was able to read the word of
God with the help of the Holy Ghost. But when we left the Holy Ghost
left soon afterwords and he forgot what he felt. That's the only thing
I could think of.

Thursday we went tracting in a small town called stoystown. We met a
guy named Pete. Apostasy I say. I blame the apostasy. He is willing to
hear what we have to say he seems smart and stuff but then he said
"you don't need a prophet. I could be a prophet. I don't need God on
my side as long as I get enough followers." Apostasy at its finest I
say! It's a shame to see people that want to do what's right but are
so astray. And all we can do is testify and leave.


Friday was fun! We did service all day long for brother S**! We
cleaned his pig pens and helped finish his chicken coop and all sorts
of fun farm stuff. While cleaning the pig pens I got pig poo all over.
In my eyes, on my lips, on my clothes, all over. Haha but I'm a
country boy now so it "ain't" matter. ;) Then we put saw dust in the
pens after scooping and flinging the poo out. I'm so sore from
flinging that poo! Holy pig! Haha. But he said he has been stressing
about getting it all done before he left to AZ on Monday (today).
Saturday we went to go see an investigator and she had an emergency
surgery and we gave her a blessing and left.


Sunday gave a lesson to Noni F and she gave us 20$ and made us take it. Then we went to go see Wendy (the one that just got surgery)
and wade and we visited for a while. And then they gave us 15$ each.
We tried to refuse but they insisted. I always hate taking money. I don't know why they gave us money, I don't know why. I know God did
that for a reason. But I don't know why. I prayed about why He did
that, what purpose or what lesson there was to be learned but I can't
figure it out. I guess it's something I will learn eventually. But
wade and Wendy are the nicest people I've met in my life. They are so
nice. They always invite us in and give us water and a snack and are
always just so nice. Literally the nicest people I have ever met. I
appreciate them so much. I want my wife and I someday to be as nice
and welcoming and giving as they are. They are teaching me what
Christlike charity is.

That's my week in a wrap.

Love you all.






No comments:

Post a Comment