Monday, December 12, 2016

Ye Cannot Go Amiss - Update from 11/28/2016

Another week here in Erie, PA.
The snow stopped so it's been pretty warm here this week. Around the
high 30'S to low 40's. Haha that's so weird thinking that that is warm
to me. So weird. "The mission will change you." ;)
Wow. Look at my view right now.


Those clouds are so sweet. Haha I just looked at the picture and the picture isn't that great. But the clouds are all pinkish.
This week I wrote some quotes from Elder Holland on a whiteboard. One of them says:
"When you struggle, when you're rejected, when you're spit on, or cast out, or made a hiss and a by word, you are taking your place in standing with the best life this world has ever known, the only pure and perfect life ever lived-you have reason to stand tall"
Like a day or two after I wrote this quote on the whiteboard these two guys drove by in their car honked the horn and flipped us off. Man I was so mad. I had a lot of angry thoughts going through my head. Then what do you know. They turn around and drive by us again and a guy rolls down his window and started cussing and yelling at us, or in other words he made us a hiss and a by word. What I wanted to do was yell back and agh, but what I did was i smiled and waved. Waved and smiled to them as they drove away. I have a reason to stand tall. Christ was persecuted beyond anything. We are just getting a little tiny tiny taste of that cup He drank. 
But it's fun. Despite all these hard times I'm happy. I literally have so much happiness I just can't keep it on. There is nothing sweeter than this.

Thanksgiving was sweet. I ate like 7 pounds of food after 1 breakfast, a Linner, and a dinner.
On that night as I was saying a prayer I was listing things off that I was grateful for. Before I began that prayer i noticed pictures on the wall of joesph smith, Christ, and a temple. These were very very big things that I Am grateful for. Some of the main things. But I didn't see a picture of a family on the wall. So I looked for one because they are one of the greatest blessings of my life. I didn't find one. Then I thought, I don't need a picture of a family to remind me of them. I don't need them on the wall because I've got them here in my heart. I love my family so much. I wish I spent more time with them before my mission. They truly are the greatest gift Heavenly Father has given me so that I can be encircled with love. I can't wait to see them again! So when I had begun this prayer I realized something else. I truly understood the plan of salvation. I truly understood the gospel. I knew it but I didn't feel it before. It's all because He, our Heavenly Father, loves us and wants us to have joy and to live with Him again. The commandments, the trials, the blessings, our live on earth, our families, our injuries, our sorrows, everything is for our benefit and happiness. He loves us. He wants us to be happy. He wants us to return to live with Him again. How touching, how beautiful the plan of happiness is. I know that Heavenly Father truly loves us. I know we are His children. I know that the plan of happiness is that plan that has been created for us to experience joy and receive eternal life. All of our trials and sorrows are things that will help us grow and to one day have exquisite joy. I know God ordains families and that families can be together forever through His plan. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
I love you guys and miss you guys.
Love Elder Segon 


No comments:

Post a Comment