Monday, November 14, 2016

Revelation - Post from 10/31/16

So this week I made some changes in my mission life.
I read a talk called the fourth missionary. It speaks about four
different type of missionaries.
1. Disobedient- goes home early or is sent home early and doesn't
benefit from his mission.
2. Disobedient- stays our his whole mission and doesn't benefit or
change from his mission.
3. Obedient however he doesn't like what he does (still is worried
about things from home. His mind isn't on the work)- benefits slightly
by his mission.
4. Obedient and gives his life to the work. Gives Christ everything.-
benefits immensely  and is changed entirely by his mission.
As it spoke about the fourth missionary it spoke about how the fourth
missionary gives Christ everything for two year. And I thought as I
read this, "yea I'm obedient. Yea I'm working hard. I'm doing my
best." I didn't quit understand what giving it to Christ meant. It
then explained what giving it to Christ means.
It then said this, "There are those who give of their means, their
time and talents, and then there are others who give themselves.
Sacrifice, it seems to  me, is the first - consecration, less  common,
is the second. , Sacrifice implies doing  one thing at the  expense of
another thing that has equal, or maybe greater, appeal. One bites the
bullet and sacrifices his time and talents, his  girlfriend, concerts,
friends, cars, education, tv, movies, music, and even gum for two
years. "
"The Fourth  Missionary  is  the only  one who can lose  himself in
the work, because  he forgets his own concerns, he  lets go of what he
wants.  When he lets go he then is free to  think of others. He  is
the only  one who does not count the cost.  He doesn't  itemize and
total all that he  has left behind  to serve a  mission. He  does not
count the cost. He forgets about it. He forgets himself. He loses
himself. "
Now I realized what it meant to give it to Christ. Literally being his
servant. We can be obedient but truly not giving it all because we
don't put in our heart or rather we don't GIVE our heart. I've been
working hard. But I think if I give my heart to this work I will be
changed even more, well I know that's true. I want to be changed from
my mission. I want to come back a new person. I want to be changed.
Absolutely changed. I want my weaknesses to become strengths. To do
that I need to not only work hard and be obedient but give my heart as
well to this. I know I can give that. Christ has given us the perfect
example how to give a heart to someone else, to completely submit, and
give everything. I am going to do my best. Doesn't mean I will be
perfect. But I will try. And that's another thing I've learned out
here is that there is never going to be a day when you say, "Man, that
was a perfect day. We did everything right." We will not reach
perfection here on this life. But we can learn how to always be
seeking improvement, diligence, and the ability to simply try.
I know that as we give our heart, might, mind, and strength to the
Savior that we will receive much more than we give. I know that. I
know we are not perfect. I know that more than anything haha. But I do
know that we can try, and as we are diligent we will find perfection
in the next life. I am so grateful for my personal Savior and the
atonement. I know we can all feel His love, compassion, mercy, grace,
and embracing arms if we turn to Him. I know He is always aware of us.
He wants to helps us and is waiting for us to allow Him to help us. I
love Him. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.



This is my favorite person in the world. This is his "angry puppy face."
Love Elder Segon 

No comments:

Post a Comment