Monday, October 17, 2016

General Conference - Post from 10/3/2016

First and probably only thing I want to talk about is General
Conference. Wow. This year conference was just so brilliant. Every
single talk was amazing.
I received so much revelation. The answers I got to my questions, that
I took into conference with, were so clear. General Conference is a
huge opportunity to have a revelatory experience.
Elder MUERS spoke at conference. If you don't remember, about a month
and a half ago he came to our mission. I got to talk to him personally
a little bit and get a picture with him, elder Perkins and elder
Montgomery. (I will share the picture again).
During the conference I had the question "how can I find new people to
teach?" The answer was so clear. It seemed like every single talks
spoke about the plan of salvation, or how they mentioned it more often
as the plan of happiness. I know the answer to my question was to
introduce the plan of happiness to people on the streets that I pass.
Usually when we approach people we often speak about the restoration
of the gospel of Jesus Christ. But as the speakers all mentioned,
almost everyone wonders where we came from, why we are here, and where
we go after we die. The plan of salvation can bring so much peace into
many people's lives. It can bring comfort to those who have lost a
loved one. It can bring comfort to those who feel they have no purpose
in life or wonder what their purpose is. It can bring joy, happiness,
and peace to ones soul who wonders these questions or, in reality, any
question. The plan of salvation has the answer!
During conference they also talked a lot about missionary work, joy,
the Book of Mormon, repentance, attitude and gratitude or being Christ
like, growing closer to Christ, and the plan of salvation.
Multiple talks were about repentance. Multiple talks were about
attitude or becoming a more charitable person. Multiple talks were
about the Book of Mormon.
It seemed with each talk I thought to myself, "oh this is my favorite
talk." Each one was so amazing. As time kept going the talks got
better and better it seemed or rather the spirit grew stronger and
stronger as we became more spiritually inline with a knowledge of Gods
will for us.
My two favorite talks however were the talks given by Elder Rasband
and Elder Nattress. They were beautiful talks, and I could feel the
power of sincerity from it. And I could apply them so well to mine.
Elder Rasband talked about how Satan tries to make you forget
spiritual confirmations or wonder if it truly is a spiritual
confirmation. When Elder Muers spoke to our mission about us feeling
inadequate to be representatives of Jesus Christ, he mentioned that
even he, elder muers struggles himself, and even apostles, elder
Rasband recently has been feeling inadequate to represent the Lord. I
feel like a lot of Elder Rasbands talk was linked to this trial of
his. With this knowledge relisten to his talk. It is powerful.
Elder Nattress spoke of when he was young and was being rebellious to
his mother. That itself applies to me so much. Boy did I rebel in my
teenager years (I can now say that now that I am no longer a
teenager). When he spoke about when he told his mother that he wasn't
going to listen to her, I had a flood of so many, too many, memories
come into my mind of when I rebelled knowing what was right. I thought
of how I had treated my parents in the past and how worried they must
have been, how sleepless, and stressed they must have been over me. I
got a little emotional. He then spoke about how there is no rebellion
that cannot be forgiven. When he said this light filled my soul. That
is comforting. Repentance is such a blessing. It isn't something you
should shy away from because it is only going to make you more Christ
like and free you from iniquity. The atonement is amazing and it is
infinite and limitless.

Oh, how grateful I am for my savior Jesus Christ. Oh, how grateful I
am for a mother and father who have taught me, were diligent, and
patient with me. I am so grateful that I can change the wrongs in my
life and receive joy, love, and happiness that I truly don't deserve.
Even though we truly don't deserve it, we don't, we still are loved,
are giving the opportunity to be made free from sin, and return to our
loving Heavenly Father.
        I testify that I am a witness that Jesus Christ truly did
come down to earth to take away the sins of the world. Not to just
help us be forgiven but to take the sins from us, so that we have the
ability to change ourselves and make ourselves better. I promise that
I would not be the person I am today without the atoning sacrifice
that Jesus Christ made. I would still be in my sinful ways. I would
not have been caught by the grace of the atonement. I am so grateful.
No matter what we do we can still change. No age, no sin, and no
rebellion can hold you back from the grace and mercy, the atonement,
of Christ. Only your own desire can hold you back. I am so grateful
for friends that were examples who reached out to me, just as Christ
would- no- did. I know that my dear friends were a great help for
Christ and my parents in helping me turn around. I know that if I had
not had the parents I had, who were patient, diligent, and loving, I
would not be who I am. Without Christ and his atonement I COULD NOT
CHANGE. I know you can, too. I am a witness, and I testify YOU these
things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment