Monday, April 18, 2016

Fasting and Prayer gives you power.

Aloha!!
This week was a week that had a firework at the end.
We did a blitz exchange this week. That means we had two sets of
elders in one area and we did exchanges while doing that. Cool story
while that happened.

I had Elder W. Elder w has only 3 weeks left of his mission,
so he is pretty non-motivated. So he would tell me where to drive and
then when we got there he would say "I don't even wanna try this
house." So he would put a new address in the gps. He did that a few
times. Then we drove like thirty minutes to this one home and he was
about to do the same thing. But I felt like I needed to be an example
and that we needed to try this home. So I said " well we are already
here, we drove a while, so we better just try it." He said ok. So we
started down and there was this mean looking dude sitting in his car
and we asked if so and so was home and he said she was inside. I don't
remember the persons name.... Let's say her name is rose. When we got
rose we introduced ourselves and we asked her if she was interested
and she invited us in. We sat down and talked about her life and
stuff, and she is so prepared. She was in an accident and it's hard
for her to remember stuff and all these ther things. but she said
something awesome that made it clear why I felt we should try this
home. She said " you know, it's really weird that you guys are here.
Just yesterday I was looking at where your church was and what time
church starts.... Just yesterday I was looking at your church's
website." Elder w said " well it looks like it is meant to be."
And she AGREED! We shared a scripture, ether 12:6 or 27(they're both
about faith) but we asked her what the scripture meant and she
explained it beautifully. Better than either one of us could have. We
set a return appointment and when we were about to leave she says....
"Is there anything you guys want me to do or to read?  I have the Book
of Mormon." So we told her to just read that and pray. She is
prepared. When we left elder w said "man that was so cool. that
has never happened to me before. Not in two years. You were prompted
to have us get out!" Glad that I could show him that God is still in
need of his help with these last 3 weeks.

Oh then while on exchanges we went to this less actives home and she
seemed just out of it. She then said her daughter tried to commit
suicide and she was being bullied and all these things. It made me
emotional. I didn't cry but it was just like... Agh. We shared a
scripture and I told her that Christ has suffered for everything. Not
just for our sins but for our pains-physical and emotional. And that
she was not alone and she can receive strength through Christ to get
through these hard times and all she had to do was ask for it. And I
think that really helped her because she looked like she was thinking
hard about it. Idk just her body language ,you could tell she was
feeling the spirit.




Zone training was this week. We played some games and I ate it hard (I fell hard)
 and scratched up my whole arm and bruised my hip. 









I'll send pictures of my arm but it's pretty much healed.





















I arm wrestled Mike and I got a video... So I'll send that, he has
crazy old man strength.



















We had president and sister Johnson come down for district meeting.
Had an interview with president Johnson and I love him. He makes sure
you know that he loves you and will do anything for you. Sister
Johnson is just so sweet and cute. She talks so soft- same with
president too. President always tells us how much he loves sister
Johnson and how grateful he is for her and all this cute stuff.
Yesterday elder cook and I fasted so that we can be guided to find
real investigators, ones that are ready for the gospel. So we went to
this town Jenners and did some tracting. We talked to this guy above
it the restoration and his gf was kind of listening to what we were
saying from afar  ,and nodding her head agreeing to what we were
saying, and then a little bit later she came over and listened with
him. They truly were prepared. I really think they can become members.
They were genuine. It was awesome.

Then I saw this guy working on his car.. I introduced us and asked if
we could share a message then I asked his dad too and they invited us
in. We were planning on sharing the restoration but all I could think
of was to share Matthew 14:28-31. It was weird. I'm pretty sure it was
the Holy Ghost whispering in my ear because I could almost hear the
words faith, Peter, Christ. So I listened to the promptings. It lead
perfectly into the gospel of Jesus Christ so we gave them a pamphlet
of that and they invited us to come back anytime! Super nice people!
They were awesome! Fasting and prayer works.

Then we went to visit less actives - only because they are like over
80 and can't drive or anything. They were awesome. It remined me of
like grandma and grandpas home back in Fremont. Red carpet. I don't
know. Something about it just reallllly made me think of that and papa
Lorenzo. I don't know why. But their names are the laRoses. The
LaRoses mentioned how nobody ever comes to visit them or even call
them. And that they felt so alone and nobody cared for them. And agh.

It makes me mad that the member aren't visiting them like they should.
Not even like every month do they visit. It's like come on. I could
tell that they really felt like nobody cared. I asked them if they had
anyone to give them the sacrament and they said no. I called our
branch president to ask if we could and his wife picked up and said
she would call him to have him call us. It was 8:07 and he still
hadn't called us, I was checking the phone every like 15 seconds. I
was worried he wouldn't call in time. I said well if he doesn't call
at 830 we will just have to go. I started saying silent prsYers that
he would call. I had faith that God would make this happen. I was
still worried though. It was 8:17 and elder cook said we had to go so
we said a prayer to leave them with. During the prayer I had a feeling
that someone was calling us. I just knew someone was. I trusted our
Heavenly Father to hear my prayer and help us serve. I wanted to look
at the phone during the prayer but that wouldn't be good. I waited
till amen was said and right when elder cook said amen I looked at the
phone and it was our branch president. I smiled and kind of jumped out
of my seat and said "I knew it". He gave us the go ahead. We got the
bread and water ready and I told brother laRose I had said silent
prayers and I KNEW that God would make this work out. He just smiled
and laughed. While we gave them the sacrament they both were crying
and I could see that it had been a while since they had taken it. I
know that the spirit told me to give them the sacrament and I know God
was there the whole time making everything work out the way it did.
Even till the last second. Im so grateful to be a tool in the hands of
the Lord. When we left they stood by the window waving goodbye to us
with the "I love you" sign with their hands.

I know that the spirit guides us and puts thoughts into our heads we
wouldn't have thought of. I love this work. I love it so much. I'm so
grateful to be a missionary. I'm so happy to know that I am a help for
God to bless others. It truly makes me happy.

Elder Cook and I gave talks this Sunday along with sister S for
her homecoming from Mexico. So the branch heard a newbie missionary,
one in the middle of his mission, and a return missionary. Of
course.... I started crying and couldn't talk so I ended my talk
early. Haha so dumb. I'm never crying again. Hahaha.
Being a missionary is awesome. I love it. It's hard but it's so
rewarding. I do my best and Heavenly Father sees my efforts and
blesses me. I know our Heavenly Father loves me, you and the people of
Pennsylvania. I know this because whenever I sit and talk with someone
I see them through the eyes of God and I can feel the love He has for
them. I can feel His presence and I love Him. I say these things in
the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.







No comments:

Post a Comment