Monday, September 18, 2017

Same Old Same Old - from September 11, 2017

All is the same here in Millersburg really.

This past week we went around to the members and taught them the
restoration. As we did so I felt the spirit testify to me that the
message I was sharing was true. Every time as we told the story of The
restoration I felt the power of the message. The members did as well.
A few of them actually geared up as elder Butikofer and I shared the
message.
Why do people not act on that feeling? I have no clue. But I do know
that they do get a feeling when we share that message.
I feel like I have tried everything that I know or can think of to do
and it just doesn't work. But you know what I'll keep doing it. I came
across this scripture of Mormon's epistle to Moroni in chapter 9 of
Moroni:
4 Behold, I am laboring with them continually; and when I speak the
word of God with sharpness they tremble and anger against me; and when
I use no sharpness they harden their hearts against it; wherefore, I
fear lest the Spirit of the Lord hath ceased striving with them.
6 And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us
labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be
brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in
this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all
righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God.

So I'm going to do it because I have been called and assigned to this
area and I have a labor to perform, no matter the results. Hopefully
we do get positive results but if we don't then let it be Gods Will.

Had interviews with president this week. He is awesome. He asked me in
my interview with him what kind of companion I needed. I told him one
that knows what he is doing and is ready to saddle up and go to work.
He said he will put that in his heart and will seriously pray and
consider it. He concluded the prayer and when he finished saying the
prayer he didn't move for a couple of seconds. He opened his eyes, sat
up, began to smirk and said, "missions are awesome... aren't they
elder segon?" Haha so who knows what he brewed up in his head just
then but it's was funny to see his reaction if the answer he got!

This work is true. It's is.


No comments:

Post a Comment