Monday, September 18, 2017

Amish Man - From September 4, 2017

This week was good. We went around to as many of the members as we
could to help them set up a family mission plan. That's been
exhausting. It takes all of my energy to be going out and pleading
with the members to do missionary work. We have had to be bold and a
lot of the members have not liked it, but a lot of members have. So we
know we are doing what it right. Being bold and feeling the anger of
others has been making us weary but we both feel with all our hearts
that being bold regardless of what the result is is what the Lord
wants us to do right now. Even though some members just get upset at
it we feel so strongly that we are doing what's right. And doing what
the Lord asks especially to people you feel would be on your team and
having them kind of get annoyed at you for doing it, is exhausting.
You feel like your just stuck. You're doing the right thing but it
seems like it isn't working or helping, only making things worse, and
you just are in this weird like agh. It's weird.
We talked to some Amish this week. Passed out 2 Book of Mormons to
them and they told us we could come back! That's exciting!!
I finished the Book of Mormon yesterday and I want to just copy on
here what I wrote in my journal after finishing.
"9/3/17 Sunday.

I have just finished reading the Book of Mormon again, and I feel to write down my testimony. I feel also to say I love my family. Although doubts arise, I still believe that the Book of Mormon is true with all of my heart! I was thinking as I was reading the last bit of
the Book of Mormon about how amazing it is that every time I read it, I can always grab something out of it that applies to my life and what I have struggles with or what I need to know to do in a situation. The words of Christ will tell you all that ye should do! I definitely
learn a lot as I study the Book of Mormon. Whether it be faith, pride, humility, charity, the Atonement, Heavenly Father, or repentance,
baptism, the Holy Ghost, or enduring to the end with all diligence, I
always learn. I feel like every time I read over something I have
already read, that I just get deeper into it, learn new things, get a
greater knowledge, and a stronger excitement to... life, really.
Stronger excitement about all aspects of my testimony, and stronger
excitement to be better. The teaching and power of the Book of Mormon
have given me the strength to be better and given me the knowledge of
how I can become better. I can tell a difference in myself on days
when I read the Book of Mormon and when I don't. There is a
difference. I have pondered hard about the purpose and message of the
Book of Mormon. I have come to see that God brought forth the Book of
Mormon because He loves us. He wanted us to have more knowledge of the
Savior and His Great and Redeeming Sacrifice. He enabled enabling. He
got the power and strength to give us power and strength! Jesus is the
Christ. He loves us. The Atonement is a Real, Holy, Powerful, Infinite
Sacrifice that our finite minds cannot fully comprehend. I know this.
The Book of Mormon has helped me come to know this. I wish every home
would read the Book of Mormon, for, truly the world would become holy.
Think about it. Well, by golly, Joseph Smith was a prophet! The Book
of Mormon is true! Jesus is the Christ. The gospel and the proper
priesthood have been restored back to the earth in full! In the name
of Jesus Christ, amen."

Love yous.



No comments:

Post a Comment